View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post
You need the seat out. You will see the ratcheting mechanism probably gummed up and missing a spring. There should be two springs. Dealer sells them cheap.
Since I need the seat out and it is 95F outside right now it will have to wait until the fall to fix it.

I see in the crappy picture in section 91-130 on the Service CD the 2 springs. After moving the seat up and forward I can reach the mechinism and both springs are in place. So I guess that I do not have to get them from the my local stealership that wants $22 for an oil filter.

My problem is that it will not lock in the lowest position without lifting the adjustment lever. The users manual states "Afterward, the handle can be pulled up to engage the seat in the first position to avoid clicking noise." Well my clicking noise if I do not pull it up is the seat going to full up when I get out of the car or go over a bump.

I guess I could remove spring that lifts the seat since I want it all the way down and I am the only one that drives the car. I will take the seat out when the weather cools down in the fall and see if I can grind out another notch in the locking gear to get it to lock at the bottom of the range. I could live with the first locking position if there was a way to raise the front of the seat but that fix is more than I want to do since I do not have a welder.

Look for a post later this year with better pictures and my final solution.