View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver1969 View Post
hello nice people i purchace a 1985 500sl but i never ask the seller how to drop the soft top down and now i ending up with nobody who relly know abouth this nice car i like the car so much but i hask to you people to gime a hand on this i know sound like stupid question but you have the experience not me thank you
The only stupid question is the one not asked. At least you knew that it wasn't a powered top. It',s pretty easy to do with the only really big trick is remembering to swing the bar, labelled #9 in the instructions, as you're dropping it. My only advice is don't force anything. It actually is a very ingenious top that will fold away with a minimum of effort.
Another trick is to lay a soft terry towel over the rear windows before you fold them. The towel keep the windows seperated and minimize the scratching that can occur. I have a 3 year old top and there is barely a scratch in the windows. I used to have an excellent link to an article on how to fold the top using the towels. I'll see if I can find it.