View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 AM

I'd be lost if it weren't for this message board!

I finally cured the injector leak that has been plaguing my car since last Summer. I didn't drive it all year (college), but I decided to take the time this summer to fix that, along with some other problems. Thanks a whole bunch to everybody who gave me advice! Especially MDLwolf and Motorhead.

If anyone ever finds their injectors leaking from the middle, take them apart and lap the surfaces! Everyone was so quick to accuse the injector return lines.

Anyways, now that my injectors are in good shape and I'm not killing brain cells from inhaling baked diesel fumes, I'm going to start on a few other things. Namely:

- Rebuild the seats with pool noodles and fix any broken springs. I have a 124; is it a job to pull the electric seats?

- Brakes. I've done things like pull injectors, and convert a car to run on WVO, but I've never done brakes.

- Someone backed into the front of my car before I owned it. Consequently, the grille is cracked, and the headlight assemblies are cracked. I have a replacement grille that I got from ******** (it doesn't have a slot for the release handle,does anyone have any experience in installing a new grille?), and I'm hoping to find a local junkyard (anyone know of any in San Diego?) where I can get my hands on some headlight assemblies. How hard is it to swap out the headlight assembly?

- Often times I get a clunk when I stop accelerating in lower gears (I think the clunk is a 2-1 shift), and it feels like my car is being kicked in the butt. Is this just an old transmission? Does my rear diff. need some lube? Some sort of vac problem?

Lots of questions! Someday, with the help of you folks, I'll have the smarts and experience to reciprocate!