View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 03:04 AM

$8800 seems steep for having so many little things that need addressing -- especially with a #14 head. Does it appear to have the correct coolant? How about compression measurements?

I wonder what #38 means - dirt in the storage well all the way in the back? That's not under the rear seats though... Just not clear on where they are referring to.

Does the car have a replacement airbag sticker in the glovebox? These were typically done circa 1997 I believe.

Unless the shop really knows these wagons I wouldn't take "acceleration is good/normal" Better to have a 0 - 60 time.

#23, if I understand it correctly, the original screws were not stainless and both of mine rusted out. The new parts from MB are stainless. Really easy fix.

#25, the center headrest I believe was only supplied with cars that had the third row seating option.

How about the alarm and vacuum locks? No mention at all in the report.

I think that you should be able to get something in better condition for the money, but then again these wagons seem to be fetching premiums in some locations.

Get the SRS bulb checked out - it only take a few minutes to pull the cluster and replace that bulb.
#22, afterglow, plastic fan, euro lights, alternator upgrade, cluster housing update