View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 11:15 PM

The glow plug light was on until I shut the engine off (15 mins total)? Prob a fault as mentioned above. Prob no biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdoc View Post
If you can get it cheap enough it's still worth pursuing. Nothing on that list of "defects" is uncurable. Remember, with any 10 year old car you will be chasing down issues...use the condition to your advantage and offer $9K for it. If you can get it for under $10K you can still fix it up and have a pretty darn nice low lmiles car for $12K or so and you will know it is fixed up right if you do it yourself.
I was actually thinking $9K too, though another fellow here got one with 150K miles for $10.5 with much less road rash. Can $1,500 offset all the things wrong with this one even with the lower mileage?

Honestly seeing that many defects is a turn off unless it is a smokin' hot deal. Our 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 175K is in just about perfect shape, detailed and it would look nearly new, I have seen many other 1998 vehicles that look great.

The paint and body imperfections are the worst IMO, repaint would be $$$, wheel repairs or replacement would be $$$.

After I told the salesman the list of defects I found, he agreed with me and said something to the extent of "forget this car, I am going to wholesale it, I can get this price doing that"

I then offered him $9K if he did not want to go that route, he is going to ask manager to call me tomorrow.

Did all that just sound contradicting or what? HAHA.

-John