View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 10:35 AM

New Update

Ive noticed big changes in both cars.The 84 sings that sweet diesel turbo song ,changed the oil once more with Rislone added to make sure Ive exited all of the olde oil.Im sure theirs more carbon buildup in that motor ,when I did a valve adj. though the top end didnt look to shabbie.The blow by is niel ,none exists, is this rare?On the other hand the 77 has plenty to spare,it sounds in need of a timing chain too.Runs and winds up nicely though ,just more noisey .Both cars have come along way from parking lot sitters.In recent weeks they have both recieved new belts,trannie service ,brakes bleed and lines checked,tires in need of replacement /replaced,and a few junkyard searchs for missing parts.The one last item on the 77 is the throttle cable.The 84 is ready for the road ,Ill need insurance and tags for the maiden voyage .Still has a few dents in her but a real nice clean rust free body.I hope this helps someone else in putting their MB diesel on the road ,its been a zero to hero change on both my cars.