Thread: need help
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 02:09 PM

Location: Cicero, Hamilton County, Indiana about 30 miles north of downtown Indianapolis
It's not a switch.

I know it is just a poor label, and it really doesn't matter what you call things. But we are dealing with a precise, technical machine and labels do matter. OK, so your "stop lever" doesn't work either. Evidently your ignition "switch" doesn't work either. So, why don't you give us a little history on this problem and maybe we could help you solve the real reason you can't stop the engine. First though, in direct response to your question, that stop lever in some cases must be pushed "very hard". It is heavy sheet metal, and it won't break or bend from the hard push of your hand. I was surprised not too far back when a hose came loose on mine and I had to use the stop lever, as to how much pressure it took to kill the engine.

1983 Mercedes W123 240D 4 Speed 285,000 on the road with a 617 turbo, beautiful butter yellow, license plate # 83 240D INDIANA

2003 Jaguar Type X, AWD. beautiful, good mileage,
Mom's car, but I won't let her drive it!