View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 12:14 AM

The 16v I have dose not have a visco fan clutch, it has the magnetic clutch and it was replaced 2 months ago and appears to still be working correctly. the aux fan also seems to be working as it should. It is also on when ever the A/c is turned on as it should.
The engine temp does not seem to be any hoter than normal, 80-90. I seem to have a 16v 190E that actually has no overheating issues as of yet.
As far as if the compressor is kicking off when the ac goes hot, i am not sure. I have been in traffic most times and can stop easily and check.
I think the a/c is staying cold for at least a while even while idling after the car is shut down and restarted and the a/c has gontten cold again. I would say that it stays cold at idle for at least 10-15 minutes, not really timed it, usually, I do a restart and it is cold and I am off. I will start checking it. I typically dont use it as a daily driver so I am just starting to get the whole issue defined. I used it for a 2 hour trip last week on the highway and it was 95 outside and the a/c was freezing us out the whole way, not a single issue. Now it seemed to go hot and then cold again, then hot 4 times in 2 hours today alone.
1993 300CE - SOLD
2003 W208 CLK 320 Cabriolet - Magma Red