View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 03:53 PM

Diesel Engine Additives (Fuel, Oil, Trans, Brake, etc.)

HI there,

I saw a thread on Diesel Kleen and Redline and such. But most threads seem to go off in a tangent. Can someone help me put together a concise set of recommendations? Here are my questions...

What Fuel additivites to you recommend for a 1983 300 SD? I have seen stuff for injector cleaning, water removal, algea prevention, cetane bosster, etc. Which should I use or should I use mutliple?

Do you use these with every tank, every other tank, or other freq?

Do you pour it in before you start pumping fuel or when you are done pumping fuel?

Are their any additives for other fluids that I should be using such as Oil, Trans, Pwr Steering, Brakes, Coolant, etc.?

I will try to take these answers and create a table that could perhaps be a sticky with this kind of format...

Fluid Type (Fuel, Oil, etc.), Brand (DK, RL, etc.), Frequency to use, Before/After adding the fluid, comments.

I just tried a Gumout brand Diesel Fuel additive, but have not yet noticed any improvement. I also found that Castrol makes a Diesel Oil. Is that recommended or stay more with a 15W50 or similar rated oil?

Thank you,

Robert

Last edited by rmackay; 08-31-2007 at 04:14 PM.