View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmackay View Post
HI there,

What Fuel additivites to you recommend for a 1983 300 SD? I have seen stuff for injector cleaning, water removal, algea prevention, Use bio-cide only if needed. cetane bosster, etc. Which should I use or should I use mutliple? Power Service with cetane boost in winter. ATF in summer. Aids lubrication.

Do you use these with every tank, every other tank, or other freq? A bit every fill up.

Do you pour it in before you start pumping fuel or when you are done pumping fuel? Start.

Are their any additives for other fluids that I should be using such as Oil, Trans, Pwr Steering, Brakes, Coolant, etc.? Unknown, capt.

I will try to take these answers and create a table that could perhaps be a sticky with this kind of format... Good luck with that.

Fluid Type (Fuel, Oil, etc.), Brand (DK, RL, etc.), Frequency to use, Before/After adding the fluid, comments. Oil, diesel rated. I use Shell Rotella 15-40.

I just tried a Gumout brand Diesel Fuel additive, but have not yet noticed any improvement. I also found that Castrol makes a Diesel Oil. Is that recommended or stay more with a 15W50 or similar rated oil?

Thank you,

Robert
You may want to do a purge, (there is bound to be a way to find out instructions via the search function). I do so every time I buy one of these, and then I know the fuel going in, unnecessary afterward.
Bio-diesel is corrosive to rubber, if using, take precautions. Hope this helps.

84 CD