View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 12:02 PM
'94 S500: only 793 sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyarw View Post
I've removed lots of radiators on my previous MBs but, as is indicated in most of the posts, they have been held in with clips, which made removal easy. My '92 300SD has some kind of plastic posts on the top which fit in holes in the frame. It appears to sit in holes in the bottom frame, so I obviously have to release something, but I can't see how it all comes out. I'd appreciate some instruction.

BTW, it's running hot when under load (hill climbing) and I want to look between the A/C condenser and radiator or crud, before I get to some really drastic remedies. I've already flushed it with no apparent result.
instruction.
Thanks, ARW
Haven't removed mine in a long time . . . so the details are bit fuzzy. .

I'd remove the shroud since it 'hooks' into the 'slot' on the rad. MENU#20 shows how to get the outside and VFC off. And, of course, the rad hoses.

Also don't forget the tranny cooler connections on the bottom.

Should lift up and out . . .

If you tried the suggestions in MENU#17 under "Common Problems", then it could well be the radiator has reached the end of life esp if it has 'seen' tap water.

I'm sure you'll find some leaves and other debris in there so clean it out and see what happens.

Visit my Mercedes Web Page