View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 08:36 PM

300SD Heat Issue

Hello All. Another 126 climate control issue. First off, does anyone have the FSM section for climate control for my 82 300SD? I will gladly give anyone an ATSG transmission manual in .PDF format. It has been nice here so I have been tinkering some over the long weekend. I had no heat and the airflow would never blow on the floor. After re-soldering the pushbutton unit and the climate control electronic unit, the system is responsive to the temperature dial and will try to blow with some heat. Still no airflow to the floor, though. I tested some vacuum pods and found a bad one behind the pushbutton unit and radio. It seems to be hooked to both doors/flaps for the foot ducts. I ordered a new pod today from Phil. Is this the correct one? I am replacing it anyway since it is bad. I have good vacuum and everything else seems to work. I have no doubt I need a thermostat and probably need to rebuild the monovalve to get the hottest heat but I am focusing still on the floor airflow. It seems like my heat/floor issue had like 5 problems and I am now down to 2 problems so I at least am tickling the problem and I will get there eventually. Thanks for at least reading this, I know my drivel is not the easiest to read. Eric.

1984 300D, 246k, veggie, sold
1982 300SD 301k