View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Who's flying this thing ?

The sheepskins from the company I mentioned, fit so snugly and perfectly that it is difficult to install them; you'd need help. The owner of the company installed mine, and and I saw him do it, and it was a difficult job.

I recommended the place because it is the best, and they have lasted me almost twice as long as he said he would. I think the owner's name is Andre.

As to the dash, there is something unique in their composition that, for some reason, when they are blue, tend to crack, unlike the other Mercedes dash covers.

The worst thing you could put on it is Armorall, which actually hastens cracking by deteriorating the fibers inside them.

The best thing I have ever seen is the 303 protectant, which is slightly more expensive, than cheap auto parts store sprays.

http://autopia.org/reviews/censura.php?cmd=details&itemid=137

It is usually found by mail order or on the internet and not easily available in auto parts stores.

It's an idea, to to possibly get one of those fitted $10-$20 semi fitted dash covers for the car to further protect your dash. However, I'd probably just lay it on top, and not glue it down, to see if I liked it, and would get rid of it if it produced glare from the windshield while driving in daylight.

I was going to mention about a hardtop hoist or stand, but it looks like you are already ahead of the game, there...

You will really love cruising in that one. It's so instantly identifiable as a modern classic Benz, and they are very rugged and reliable, and the 227 hp gives it very decent performance. 0-60 should come up in under 7.4 seconds in one that is well tuned.

Were I ready for an SL, Benz, I'd surely select a low mileage R107 like this, over any other SL model that was ever made, one of the last of these, first choice being an '88-'89, 2nd choice an '86-'87 one, that was an American spec one that was kept stock and garaged, one fussy owner, and in a color that apppealed, red, black, or silver being my favorites.

I think they are the sturdiest, most practical, ane most good looking of them all.

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)