Thread: MP3 Player Pics
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2002, 11:57 PM
Just a guy

Depends on your local car-stereo thieves. If they really want it, and don't think they can get it out in about two minutes, then they'll steal the car and take it to some place where they can work on it.

Depends too on the local market for stolen gear. The cops here don't spend much time looking for stolen car decks, so selling them is easy. Anything that's the "hot" ticket will be a target for sure.

I have to park my car at the mall, as it's the daily run-the-munckin around and shopping machine. West Edmonton Mall is the dream of car audio thieves. Covered dark parking, lots of cars, and lax security. I wouldn't DARE park my car there with ANY aftermarket deck. Gone...

BTW, for those that think they're fooling the theif by storing their removable face in the glovebox, guess what? They know that 99% of deck owners leave the face in the car. One kid nabs the deck while the other turns the car looking for the face.

We did the occasional car where we installed a complete system, without the factory deck, but left the factory deck in place, unwired. We would use an IR remote and sensor, and nothing was visible. The people that asked for those systems were people that had been smash&grabbed a few times.

The kids that proudly displayed audio-brand decals on their cars, pounded their systems for all to hear, and then parked it at the mall while they went club-hopping killed me. We'd see them at the store, hoping that we'd be able to hook 'em up with whatever pittance the insurance company was going to give them...

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/4050/tophat6.gif