View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 08:50 AM

I just had this problem with my 75 and came up with a different solution that only needed one person to release the hook. I waited, of course, for someone else before I actually removed the top. I just bought the 75 and this is the first time I've had the hard top off. It turns out the small handle has both tabs broken off, so it just spins on the crank instead of doing anything. New handle on the way.

I popped the latches for the hard top and released the tension on the rear with the large window crank. That left me with a little bit of space, and I released the boot lid. It only came up a little bit, but that gave me room to get a very long screwdriver in to hold down one of the bows and let me look at the hook. Another long screwdriver to pull the hook back and the hard top was released. It took me longer to find the two screwdrivers I needed than it took to release it. Once the hook was released I cranked the handle down to lower the hook and keep it from latching onto the post again. Then I waited for my neighbor to come home so I could draft him to help me with the hard top.