View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Dieselsüchtiger

Does anyone have a good idea why three of my five cylinders would have a puddle of oil in them when the injector was pulled? What causes that? I had a puddle of oil on the heat shield washer thing in Cylinders: 1, 2, and 4. 3 and 5 were pretty much dry. I use 5w40 Mobil 1 synthetic, and change it every 5-6k....this time I will be doing an oil analysis....but my "makeup oil" between changes is only 1.5-2qts.....and a lot of that is from it marking its territory....it drips quite a bit, and a lot ends up in the air cleaner from blowby....so burning must be little to nothing. Lately consumption even went down a bit....I only had to add less than half a quart in the past 2,800 miles...

Smoke was minimal before pulling the injectors, and it started and idled smooth, only issue was poor performance, I had to go to work so I didn't quite finish it yet....and it started raining. I have to put the little "injection line clamps" in place on the 1/2/3 lines yet. Then I'll crank it up and see how those bosio's do.

I injured myself more swapping the injectors out today than I did doing the whole driveline project!

Also, the old Bosch injector nozzles (they were german ones) were SHOT. The needle valves FELL OUT of the nozzle when I took them apart. Very loose fit, and they were rusted, and charred on the tip pretty bad. I am betting the bosio's will run MUCH nicer....we'll see....in about 4 hours when I get home.....
'09 Sprinter 3500 Winnebago View - 62k (OC - 67k)
'13 ML350 Bluetec - 95k - dad's (OC-98k)
'01 SL500 - 103k(km) - dad's (OC-110,000km)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 148k - Brothers (OC-155k)