View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 04:34 AM

new to MB just got a 66 200D couple ?'s

This 200D is not only my first MB but my first diesel also. When i bought the car the guy said the motor was seized and that he put marvel mystery oil in the cylinders. so far I've replaced the battery cleaned up and added another ground to the block. Low and be hold after a couple of times pulling the start knob she turned over easily.

She wont fire up so i took the hard fuel lines off the IP and turned her over a few more times, should there be diesel coming out of the IP when the lines are removed? If so where do i start to remedy the no fuel situation?

After a few searches and looking at all the info I can find on the block I believe the engine is out of a 220D and not a 200D. The engine has the fuel injectors with the cloth return fuel lines connecting them not the hard line returns that i believe came on the 200D and there was a metal placard on the side of the block with the #'s 5246 220D 268522 and on the front side of the head it has the #'s 615 016 11 01. Is this a 220D engine and if so is it more desirable than the 200D engine? whats the difference between the two engines?