View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Proud MB Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedoc View Post
I've posted the same exact question here and stumped the techs, as they fumbled about in the dark.

Same thing, my remote can arm/disarm the alarm, and I see the green/red leds flash on the mirror, but the doors do not open/close anymore. For a while they were sporadic, but now they dont work. It works perfectly if I use the key in the lock, or if I use the lock button inside the car.

My indie is ordering a locking computer next week, and after installing it I will bring it to the dealer to reprogram to my key. He's pretty sure its my locking computer that is faulty, so I'll post up if it works.

Mine's a 96 also.
Thanks spinedoc for the information. However, our symptoms are different. Your IR Remote causes the red/green lights to flash, indicating the vehicle has received the IR signal - it may not be processing the signal, but your car is receiving it. In my case, the red/green lights do not flash, implying my car is not receiving a signal.

My problem *could* be a bad remote transmitter. But I would like to troubleshoot the problem a bit before making the investment in another key remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecqboy View Post
The 1996 is the only year that has the mirror mounted LED's.
Oh joy…

Thanks guys for the thoughts.
Cheers,
Jeff
OBK Member #47 (W123 Division)
'96 SL600 (105K) Triple Black - Mein über-Fräulein
'79 240D (292K) Yellow/Saddle - Mein Spielzeug
'01 ML430 (123K) Black/Saddle - Wife's Ride
'94 SL500 (164K) Green/Champagne - Daughter's Dream
'73 450SL - RIP
'86 300E - RIP
'88 420SEL - SOLD