View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleears View Post
TM, No delay at shutdown at all and no CEL or codes. Mech. called this afternoon to tell me it is either the check valve at the banjo on the back of the IP or the fuel pump. I'm sure the checkvalve isn't too expensive (relatively speaking) but he tells me the fuel pump is $1300 Rusty and Phil don't list them but I'm getting a price. Any additional input is appreciated.
IIRC that checkvalve is actually built into the banjo bolt and only costs a couple of dollars and is easy enough to change once the IM is off so it is worth a shot though I don't see how it could cause air to leak into the system if it had failed. Did you say they replaced the o-ring on that bolt already? That's what I'd be suspect of first.

I don't see how it could be the injector pump itself (that's apparently the part they are quoting $1300 for, must be a rebuilt).

If air is being drawn into the fuel system there must be a leak somewhere. I think if it were me I'd probably try disconnecting the fuel feed and return lines, plugging the return and lightly pressurize the feed line with compressed air...say just a few PSI and look for leaks. You could spray down every joint with soapy water and look for bubbles...then I would think you'd find the source of the leak.

Although I would not run WVO in this car I don't think that using 50/50 once could cause this problem. I also like the idea of checking the tank screen to make sure it is not causing the lift pump to pull too much vacuum...

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz

Last edited by nhdoc; 09-20-2007 at 07:22 AM.