View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Unbanned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by need2speed View Post
Hey Dave, what did you manage to adjust the rear camber to? Was it within factory specs? If not, would a combination of the camber arms and K-Mac kit to the job? Cheers,
Hi Dean,

First, I got the ride height set where I wanted it, since that will affect the camber. Then, I asked the dealership to set the rear camber to -1.0°, with a half tank of fuel. Factory spec actually allows for more negative camber, but this wears the inside of the rear tires, especially if you have larger/wider rear tyres (it's worse on the 124.036 since we can stuff 285's back there.) So far, the -1.0 seems to be working great.

The K-Mac kit without the tie rods installed will get you to about -1.5°, while still staying within the limits of the specs for toe (with stock tie rods). With the K-Mac tie rod bushings also installed (these come as part of the kit, but it's more work) you can get to -1.0, or possibly less (maybe -0.5° ??).

I would not recommend the "heim joint" type of rear camber arms. If you use adjustable rear camber arms, get the type with the rubber bushings. I still prefer the K-Mac, even though it's a little squeaky on my one car (need to see if I can cure that with some extra lube).