View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450slcguy View Post
Perhaps in your area of the country the dealership may be the way to go, but in my part of the country the dealerships are not as accommodating as you might think.

As far as the "mature ownership experience" comment, what the heck is that suppose to mean? What are you, some sort of self indulgent snob?

A lot of folks on this forum are hard working people who maintain their cars through their DIY skills and not their dependence on the dealership service and parts department. Many of the OEM parts the dealer markets are readily available elsewhere at 1/2 the cost, if one wishes to expend some effort sourcing for parts.

I also buy parts at the "stealership" when I cannot find comparable quality replacements elsewhere, but I take no pride in that, it's just a necessity at that point.

Pep Boys? I don't think anyone on this forum buys MB parts from Pep Boys, perhaps only in your imagination . I keep my vintage Benz in top condition and take pride in the fact I do all my own wrenching while saving a few bucks in parts when I can (actually a whole lot of bucks over dealer costs).

No one here is complaining about life or being ripped off as you so eloquently stated. But many, many people have had bad experiences at the dealership and some don't forgive and forget so easily.
Thank you. I second that to a "T" & I certainly couldn't have said it better.