View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 12:42 PM

Cal - I've re-read your entire thread. I believe you've repalced every oring except for the S/O valve now and have confirmed the integrity of the tank and feed lines using smoke?

If you're of a mind to keep after this yourself I would continue look at the following:

1) S/O valve oring and/or valve. Is possible the oring has a bad seal which only shows up when warm under conditions of expansion. Is possible for valve body to develop hairline cracks and also for valve to become sticky or pokey closing that only shows up under conditions of expansion.
2) New pre-filter. Is possible your's has a bad seal or crack which only shows up under conditions of expansion.
3) New fuel filter. Is possible your's has a bad seal which only shows up under conditions of expansion.
4) New oring at fuel filter bolt. Is possible yours got pinched.
5) K40 relay. Signal to S/O valve may be partially interrupted at shutdown preventing valve from closing compelety.

Regarding your previous questions about the DV's: I've never seen air leak into the fuel system there, only fuel leaking out.

2, 3 & 4 are cheap and easy to do.
5 is easy to do. Costs ~$80.
1 is pretty easy to do by reaching under the IM. I can do it in under 30 minutes. Oring is cheap, S/O valve is ~$165.

09' E320 Bluetec 77k (USA)
09' Hyundai Santa Fe Diesel 48k (S.A.)