View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 07:03 AM

Nice 450SL Engine and Transmission

Anyone interested in an engine and transmission?

Hi all, I have a 76 450sl I am parting out and have a good running Engine and Transmission. The car has 144k miles on it. I have a couple of reciepts from last year that denote 4 new tires and some work on the motor. Mainly tune up items. Plugs, cap, rotor, wires, fuel pump, fuel filter etc. It sounds very strong. On start up I can not hear any timing chaon slap. I have no record of when or if it has been done but the car was well cared for by a local old lady. I have driven the car and i has great power and shifts smoothly. The motor is very clean with no signs of leakage. I have not pulled it from the car yet as I feel that a prospective buyer may like to see and hear it running. I have taken a video of it running but my camera has no microphone so you can see it but not here it. I can take any photos you like and anyone is welcome to inspect before purchasing.
I only have mechanical components left for the car as well as the doors in good shape and the glass/window motors. I will be picking up a 79 soon for parting out as well. Stay tuned for a rare opportunity on a mint Factory new interior including seats door cards dash console rugs etc. This car has a 30k motor in it.
Please let me know if you are interested. I have posted thios in the classified section as well.

Also, Is the ECU for the car in the engine bay?