View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 AM
'94 S500: only 793 sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaconblues View Post
Maintenance so far; two oil changes in quick succession (500 miles apart). My indy put in ELF synthetic 0W-40 and advises that it can be left in for 7k miles. That surprises me; I'm used to changing oil every 3k.... opinions?

Another final question; can ETA wear be reduced through use of the cruise control? Just a thought; so far, no ETA malfunction symptoms.
Me too! I finally, after driving my S500 cpe for 10 years, decided to try synthetic oil; put in ELF 5 - 40W and it's is amazing. On a hot day (90F) after a high speed run going directly into stop-go traffic, the temp gauge hardly moves!! And the engine temp is lower than it's ever been! Runs around 85C and goes up to low 90s w/ A/C.
I guess we all know synth oil provides better lubrication and has less friction but this is amazing. Don't know why I waited so long to try it. Tech says 8k miles . .

Use your CC; it's one of the best ever made but I don't believe it will lengthen the life of your ETA. It will 'die' when it dies and you'll know it!

Visit my Mercedes Web Page