View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Dieseldiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain74 View Post
You guys Rock! I posted this question late last night, drank a bottle of wine and woke up to 3 answers! You guys are fast, or bored. Dieseldiehard is the turbo bypass different from the wastegate? Where would i find the Trap Oxidizer?
Lots of help lurking here, no?
Well, I disagree with Brian on removing the ALDA, you will need to read the threads on that and decide if you are the type of driver that can tolerate some of the side issues that arise from that action. A proper running SDL will do fine with the ALDA, but some other things like the EGR and the TRAP should definitely be dealt with. OTOH shimming the ALDA is something I have done before with good results when hotrodding an otherwise good running diesel.
Don't worry about the ALDA until you've identified the source of your problem, its either not enough fuel or not enough air. Those are the two things that can make a diesel sluggish.

Here is the last post someone shows a OM603 TRAP very well defined: How do I know if my TrapOx has been replaced
DDH