View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 AM
aka: dadsdiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
You can buy a bender but they are easily bent by hand using your thumbs to support the tubing as it is bent. You just have to bend the line while your thumbs support the inside of the curve you are bending so that you don't kink it.

Before buying all the lines, I would look at them and see if they are rusty. If they are not rusty there is no reason to replace them. YOu are replacing this because you damaged accidently replacing the rubber line not becasue it is rusty.

Tom W

Oh no,

They are ALL rusty. I was trying to IGNORE that they are rusty. The car has been in New England most of its life and has sat idle off and on for several years. It started its life as a salesman's car in NJ then was sold at auction to someone up here.

I would rather suffer the pains of replacing them now than have one let go in the cold weather disabling the car for the rest of the winter. This is a veggie experiment car and is therefore an "extra" which has become a money pit!

The question I guess is, can I replace them inexpensively. She is up on jack stands right now and I would perfer to "get'er done" now before it gets cold.

Besides, the other three connectors from the other rubber hoses are just as rusted. I suspect a similar situation will occur when I try to remove them.

Actually the front calipers didn't look to bad but I am replacing them anyway. I want my time to go to perfecting a veggie system not routine maintainence.

C.

1983 Mercedes 300SD [OMG - What Have I Done!] Just Aquired - Brake job under way. Then she will be greased!

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited [2.8L CRD - a noisy little Italian, just like my wife]

2006 Toyota Sienna [The Wuss-Moblie] My daily driver... Hey, it's a company car, I can't help it.

My dad always said, "Son, you may only look like a fool, but when you open your mouth, you remove all doubt."