View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Its a Whatsit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoming-8 View Post
PatBob,

I appreciate your documentation of the process of getting inside the CCU and the re-soldering work necessary to bring some of these units back to life. I am interested in going a bit further as my CCU runs very hot in the vicinity of one of the relays. So, I would like to know what item in the hvac system each of the relays services. Once that is known maybe I can work back up to the offending item and see why it is causing such an overload. Can you or anyone here on the forum help me with this info?? Thanks in advance.
I can't help with the internal schematic.. although if you find one I'd sure like to see it. I was tempted to make my own, but didn't want to remove the daughter board to get pictures of all the jumper wires in the sandwich.

BTW, one of the common failure modes of the ACC system that I've read about is that the aux coolant pump under the hood binds and stalls. When that happens, it draws enough current that it burns traces on the ACC circuit cards. As a complete jump-to-conclusion stab-in-the-dark, you might check if that pump is the problem -- disconnect it and see if the ACC gets the same kind of hot.

Broadband: more lies faster.