View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 AM
88Black560SL

I wanted the Ceramics especially for the dust. This was the first time I saw a ceramic pad available for the front breakes of 560SL. They are actually not even listed in the 2007 catalog so they must have just come out with it. I purchased the EBC Red. There doesent seam to be an EBC Yellow available yet. I'm hoping the yellows come out soon as I could use them for my V12 560SL.

As far as better rotors. My feeling is Balo is the best of the replacement rotors available. I can get them for about $100.00 a set. Arround here it cost about $40.00 per set to have them resurfaced and usually if they are worn at all they will be too thin. The only way to know in most cases is to just try it and hope you are lucky. The only alternatives I've seen to the Balos are the ATE rotors with the slots machined into them. I belive these are the same as the stock ATE with a star shaped slot cut arround them for about $10.00 more. I dont see these lasting any longer. They also look like a dust factory so I havent tried them. Then I have seen about one or two slotted and cross drilled rotors at about twice the price. Maybe these are made of better steel but I do belive slots and drill holes will create more dust and at twice the price will I be able to cut them 3 times to save an money.

John Roncallo