View Single Post
Old 01-25-2002, 12:01 PM
blairc

Pinouts of Klima relay

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out with a problem I have with the Air con in my 86 190e. My mechanic about a year ago decided to replace my klima relay with a standard four prong relay, since then i've killed my compressor once due to spinning it too quilckly i.e. 6000+ rpm and have constant problems with it freezing up, I finally got around to look at what the problem was and was shocked to find what he had done. Anyway back to the problem, I tried slotting back in two different Klima trying to find the correct one for my compressor (he used bullet terminals into socket for the other relay so this was easy) and it didnt' work so now i'm attempting to diagnose what other wiring he has changed.

On the Klima I have GK+, GK-, 87, 15, 31, T, KL, TD. Now this is what I have summised.

31,15 are go to the coil in the relay, obviusly intercepted by the electronics of the klima.

87 - compressor output

T - Evaporator Temperature signal

KL - Compressor speed signal

TD - Tacho signal

Now that leaves GK+ and GK-, I'm guessing that GK+ is +12 to power the compressor and circuitry in the Klima and GK- is gnd.

Can someone correct me if i'm wrong or make any comments that would help me figure out what he's done.

Sorry for the long post and thankyou for taking the time to read to this point.

Blair