View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 10:47 AM
No crying in baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
I think old folks in this country are basically discarded like so much trash when they are old, this is small recompense enough for them.

In so many other horrible, disgusting 3rd world countries, with all their faults, at least in those places Senior citizens still are cherished, loved and revered for their wisdom. They are such wonderful people

I would surmise that the trillions of dollars of national treasure that has been so recklessly squandered on the Iraq adventure would be more properly first questioned than what is spent on Social Security for our senior citizens to attempt to live out their golden years with a modicum of dignity.
X2. Thanks Jim. Can't get any respect. Our generation was taught to respect your elders not cast them aside like old cheaply made shoes.......no matter your station in life, wisdom and experience count for much more than rot(sp) memorization. What jars my fanny is the fact that kids today come out of school expecting to earn high dollar salaries right off the bat and not work for it!