View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
I think old folks in this country are basically discarded like so much trash when they are old, this is small recompense enough for them.

In so many other horrible, disgusting 3rd world countries, with all their faults, at least in those places Senior citizens still are cherished, loved and revered for their wisdom. They are such wonderful people

I would surmise that the trillions of dollars of national treasure that has been so recklessly squandered on the Iraq adventure would be more properly first questioned than what is spent on Social Security for our senior citizens to attempt to live out their golden years with a modicum of dignity.

Cast aside what are you talking about? When SS was started most people died before 65, so the gov didn't plan on paying for long. Now people live longer, so the age should be adjusted. SS was never ment to be a government retirement plan. It was to keep poor people from starving for the last couple years of their life.

Iraq has nothing to do with this, they have been spending the SS money since it was formed. Its the gov's fualt for not planning ahead.

I'm not going to see a penny of SS and would opt out of the whole thing in a heartbeat if I could.

The government is going to have to do something, because we just can't afford it.
2007 Tiara 3200