View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 02:46 PM
User friendly

The JW's actually have all but rescinded that 144,000 thing from what I hear. It was causing obvious issues within thier followers, let alone in trying to gain new ones.
I've usually been able to end the conversation with them by telling them I'm a Mormon If that doesn't work, I just start telling them the similarities between us and them(there are a few). I do try and be courteous, as "we" have some 10's of thousands of our own young people out doing the same thing they are.
I know it's annoying to have religions knock on your door. I did my 2 year mission(in Houston Texas) back when I was 19. I absolutely HATED door knocking. Every door I ever knocked on, I did it with a knot in my stomach, for 2 years! But, we feel it's our job. Hard to really explain to others, but we beleive that if we don't do what we need to, to tell others about what we believe, that we'll be held acountable. And the JW's have the same beleif on the matter.
So, TRY and at least act civil to these folks.
Oh, and if the JW's have come around, expect the Mormon missionaries any time soon. It seemed we were always just behind them when I was going door to door.
"You guys were just here last week!"
"No sir, that was probably the Jehovahs Witnesses. We're the Mormons."
"well, I'm STILL not interested!" -SLAM-

'67 230
'84 SD
Current rides:
'06 Lexus RX330
'93 Ford F-250
'96 Corvette
'99 Polaris 700 RMK sled
2011 Polaris Assault
'86 Yamaha TT350(good 'ol thumper)