View Single Post
Old 01-26-2002, 10:36 PM

Reasons I have for anyone who is interested in gaming consoles...

1. X-box - Only 15-20 games out, controller for some of the games is horrible (I.E. Halo). I played with it at comdex, and found the controller uncomfortable to use, and be able to play it.

2. Game Cube - Very cool, small, games are cool, control is comfortable and very functional. Doesn't play DVD's or burned CD's as it uses 3" CD's. Plays nice and I enjoyed it. I would go for game cube over x-box if all I wanted was to play games.

3. PS2 - Graphics are still great, tons of games, accessories,a nd controllers are functional and comfortable. Gameplay is great, and the ps2 does everything it needs to.

I feel game cube is a good contender as it has some great games out for it, its small, easily portable if you want to tote it with you, and the gameplay is smooth and entertaining.

overall the PS2 is still the best. you cannot go wrong with buying one, and even the ps1 was ahead of its time compared to the other consoles that were out during that time. Ps2 to me is the best console system for gaming.

Personally I play my games on a pc, but thats only because as long as it can, I'd rather use it versus a console. I have some great controlelrs for games for my pc, and usuallys tick to racing/flight games anyway. Though I do enjoy the 1st person shooters as always.

Plus you can't beat a pc for multiplayer online gaming over the internet. x-box requires you to have a high speed connection. Not sur eon PS2/Game cube, but I do know you wont be playing online with the xbox unless you have a high speed internet connection. There is no dialup modem for the x-box, and the games are too intensive for playability over a slow line.

Alon