View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
2. Both before and after replacing the spheres, the rear suspension sagged within a few minutes of shutdown, or even while running after highway driving on warm days. The problem was an internal leak in the self-leveling valve, which maintains a base pressure at all times even without cargo. If your car droops it is NOT the rear springs, it's the valve failing to hold the base pressure.
Quote:
Once everything is hooked up again, you should be able to start the car and watch it rise to normal operating height EVEN IF the actuating lever on the valve is set to release the pressure in the system. I left the actuating lever disconnected initially so that I could verify the function of the valve etc. The car should maintain a basic height/pressure with the lever in the neutral or "release" positions. Moving the lever to the "fill" position should result in an even higher ride (unless a corresponding weight has been added to the car).
i'd assumed the neutral position was when the valve ought to be maintaining this "base pressure" and giving you proper unloaded ride height.

Quote:
The valve is just flowing and restricting fluid. How would it be bad to be in a certain position??
i dont know - but isnt that what he seems to be saying - that if your waggon is saggin and your shocks aint leakin that your valve is busted - or else you would have proper ride height in the neutral or release positions of the lever ?