View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:01 AM
What did I just do?

Packards, Anyone?

I am really thinking about this Packard:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140168514344&rd=1

I have always liked this body of Packard and I am very intrigued by Packard's history. A very good friend of my is a Merc-head. He has also owned Packard's and his opinion is that Packard build quality before 1955 are car equal to, if not better, than Mercedes and the pre-WWII models are some of the best built cars in the world. I know that Jay Leno speaks very highly of the Packard's. At jaylenosgarage.com there is an article (video) of Jay's 1932 Twin Six. His opinion is that the Packards built in the 1930's were of a higher standard than even Rolls Royce.
I am curious to know if there is anyone else here that is a Packard admirer and knows anything about the 'bath-tub' bodied models.
My friend that I mentioned tells me that I have two fevers that I need to address. These two 'fevers' are Packard Fever and Ponton Fever. Although after driving his 1967 250SE I believe that I also have W108 Fever. (Quite frankly I have a lot of 'fevers' that have four wheels.)