View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 08:22 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI View Post
Tonight on Discovery, Mike Rowe celebrates 150 dirty jobs with a 2 hour special. The actual 150th dirty job is as a Yak farmer.

Covered in dirt, manure, slobber, spit and wooly fuzz, Mike will roll into action helping the ranch hands comb and collect precious wool from both Yak and Bison. His job duties also include navigating through protective, grumpy mothers to weigh yak newborns out in the pasture.

Personally, and speaking from some experience, the most painful episode was the one where he did the hot tar roof in California. While not exotic or poo-laden, it brought back some memories.
I haven't missed more than a handful and now that I've got a DVR I'm slowly whittling that list down. The Mrs. and I, and even my 10yoS and 8yoD, love the show (although there have been a couple that we had to send them out of the room, animal husbandry episodes come to mind).

We were pleasantly surprised with the episode that featured a local dairy farmer here in CT (who is also a customer) who developed the machinery and presses that processes the manure into biodegradable plant pots. They devoted over 45 min. TV time to that. He and Mike had good banter between each other.

We're looking forward to the 150 show!

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)