View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Dead on balls accurate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomguy View Post
I have a really nice Seth Thomas. I was fixing the insides, got it running again and keeping time when it fell off of my workbench and... well, a spring mechanism and soft brass hitting a hard concrete floor doesn't work out too well. It now has a battery inside, no tick-tock, no ding on the half hour, and no chimes to correspond to the hours.
Go on ebay. You can find working movements there. I had to replace a model 124 ST movement. I found one for about 80 bucks. You just have to search for a while.

I have been "into" clocks for a while and it was an obsession with me for a couple years (replaced by the 300SD) I have slimmed down my collection a lot over the past few years.

I had a couple ST mantle clocks, two or three 400 day anniversary clocks and others. One of my favorites is an electric Jefferson Magic Clock. It is the round gold one with no visible movement. (not a picture of my clock)

I want to get one of the Seth Thomas office clocks with the calendar movement. I always liked those.
Attached Thumbnails
Antique clock collectors?-jeff.jpg  

Current
Monika '74 450 SL
BrownHilda '79 280SL
FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban
Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Krystal 2004 Volvo S60
Gone
'74 Jeep CJ5
'97 Jeep ZJ Laredo
Rudolf ‘86 300SDL