View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Rogue T Intolerant!!!

Look, it's as simple as this: When it comes to making your MB look as good as is possible, and maybe better, you want Shell {Bodyart27} providing this information. He used a beautiful black '93 W124 for the demonstration. {I'm so sorry that I can't think of your forum name at this late hour}
Shell taped off half the hood to show us a good before/after from this work.
Shell started out with clay bar, then I believe used a 3M compound to cut some of the imperfections, then on to a nice wax. {I may be missing a step in here}

He also gave us very detailed information and explanations on the different buffing pads, clay bar tips, good Mequires products for a 3 step process, buffing techniques, and loads of other info. He also ran us in in-between steps to feel and see the effect of his work. Great info, but you see the work that goes into why his cars look like they do. It ain't an accident.....

We also had a very amateur paint and body man, and somewhat of a prankster. Young Dan {WhiskeyDan} got a hold of some cleaner wax, and decided to turn China into a Dalmation.

Now the pressure is on to get the rest of the car polished up..... No worries. It was very funny, and it was just nice to see that him and Tab made it to the GTG. Same with Rich and Mrs. Rich.

Today started out with another beautiful crisp morning, and the China coffee shop was open for business.

I think I might have almost burned Larry's face off with the temp of the coffee. And most important, it was NOT weak!

Sunday was spent mostly putting folks cars up on the scissor lift and having Roy crawl under it and tell us things that needed addressing. If you were missing exhaust hangers, you probably heard about it.

I really enjoyed this whole weekend! It was good to meet Roy and Larry and Dave Morrison and so many other new faces. It was also nice to see some old faces from some of the "regulars".
I always enjoy seeing the cars that folks bring. We had a 560SL, a Pagoda, a 300E W124 5sp, a dropped 300SD, a couple W124's, several SDL's and of course SD's and D's. {and a Honda }
We swapped stories, we swapped food, we swapped info, we swapped parts and it was just a great time.
Finally had to turn China into the sun and head back towards home.

Can't wait for the next one.......

Dave {Chasingthesun} took a lot better pictures than I, and hopefully he will add his at some point. I would forget to take pics for long stretches of time. Whoops......

Gone:
'95 E300 188K "Batmobile" Texas Unfriendly Black
'85 300TD 235K "The Wagon" Texas Friendly White
'80 240D 154K "China" Scar engine installed
'81 300TD 240K "Smash"
'80 240D 230K "The Squash"
'81 240D 293K"Scar" Rear ended harder than Elton John

Last edited by JimmyL; 10-29-2007 at 01:07 AM.