View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Strong, silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
... They just don't completely understand what's appropriate yet.
Exactly.

That is what makes the adult's crime even more heinous. The coach took advantage of her position of power and combined that power with the usual sexual confusion that all teens go through. She then proceeded to gratify her own sexual urges at the teen's expense.

I prosecuted sexual assault and child molestation cases. The hardest cases were the teen victims. Rape victims had no choice, they were forced into it. Child victims often had no clue of what was going on. But teens were often "willing" participants in the act. Many times they also enjoyed the physical gratification connected to the sexual act.

Teen victims know that what they ar doing (or what is being done to them) is wrong, yet they often enjoy the attention and the physical gratification. In the long run, however, teen victims suffer the greatest amount of long-term harm. I prosecuted a very sad case, where the girl was molested by the mom's b/f from age 9 to age 13. This girl went from being a pretty, slim, smiling, athletic young girl to an overweight, physically unattractive, sour young woman who often cut herself (arms and legs).

In an interview she said that she wanted to be ugly so that no man would ever be attracted to her. In her ownhead, she blamed herself for the abuse that she suffered; she also blamed herself for not stopping it.

She is 17 now and is still trying very hard to make herself "ugly." I doubt she will ever be "mended." What that a@@hole did to that girl willhaunt her forever, it will interfere with all of her future relationships, including future speouse and children (if any).

The perp is now doing 15 years in State prison. The victim will always be a prisoner to the crime that was committed on her.

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!