Thread: I want new job
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
What, Me Worry?

It's also fairly accurate as far as the front goes. I've never heard of the game they played in the kitchen -although I wouldn't put it past some cooks to "spruce up" the food a little here. The customers portrayed were fairly accurate. I've worked with the short loony one (the one with the seemingly split personality). In the nearly 13 years I did in the restaurant biz, I think I only saw about 3 run through the kitchen, out the back door, and crying because of some a-hole customer. I saw a waitress throw the change that they left as a tip at the customers (in the parking lot), telling them that they need it more than she did. I had one waitress deliberately leave a ketchup stain on her white shirt, right where her nipple would be - later I heard she was working as a dancer at night, and would encourage some of the customers to come see her. (Eventually I accidentally did, and she was a better dancer than waitress).
I had one that had no clue what a French Dip was, and one day proclaimed that the day's special was french onion dip soup, and Chicken Corn Dog Blue.

Well... if you've worked in a restaurant, you have stories.

09 Jetta TDI
1985 300D