View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 12:46 AM

I've had some parts stacked up in my garage. they will be getting installed soon.

Priority 1
Intercooler (god knows where it came from... but its mine now)
W115 300D intake manifold. Pick and pull $20
Exhaust manifold off a 79 300SD. Pick and pull $20 (figured i'd get one without EGR since i have to drill and tap it for the EGT gauge)
EGT Gauge (birthday present... THANKS MOM)
Intercooler Piping. pick and pull +/- $30
Home made Gauge pod for EGT and Boost Gauges. Ebay, Pick and Pull, and about 3 weeks with sand paper after work.
New fornt speakers (if you are gonna pull the A piller why not)
New CD Deck. thanks Justin, and others I know (gotta love hand-me-downs... goes along with new speakers)
Changing the gasket on the oil filter housing! that is one of the leaks.

Priority 2
This might get done this winter. depending on how my time goes.

Manual tranny install!
in the garage is:
The Tranny.
A spare drive line (bo be modified as needed)
set of 123 Pedels
116 shifter and linkage (also have the linkage from a 115)
Fly wheel and pressure plate from tranny needing to be ballanced for the 617.

the only thing i need to buy is the clutch disc.

my other major leak is my rear main seal. that will be fixed while the tranny is out. i'm thinking i will pull the tranny and the engin at once. give the engine a good once over for leaks then put it all back in the car at once.
my main problem with this is i don't have a space where i can let the car sit with out an engine. and i know its going to take at least a week to get the drive line back from the drive line guy, and the fly wheel back from who ever i can find to ballance it.

the tranny will be in my car before Jan 1 2009