View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Now I know why they call it a weep hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
top off the tank with distilled water, and squeeze the upper hose until all is full of water. keep driving it. don't worry too much about no heat. all will be well when you flush and reverse flush the heater.
it's not TOOO cold in bean country yet is it?
Oh its getting cold now...

That was plan this morning. Started the car to go to work (30 degrees, first crank :-) ). Happened to look down at the water pump, and I noticed water leaking from the weep hole. My water pump must be bad, right?. I specifically checked it yesterday too, and it was fine.

Would the busted pump cause no heat, but not be bad enough to cause the engine to overheat?

Un-freaking-believable. This has been a $300 citrus flush so far (I replaced the radiator yesterday). I know these things would have happened soon anyways, but still, it just leaves me dumbfounded. Im doing it all by the book too, its not like Im doing a hasty job or anything.

So it looks like I need to dump out my $15 worth citric acid, replace the pump, and start over. Is this right? Ive only gone 25 miles on the citric...not nearly enough.

On the bright side I will now not have to remove the thermostat housing to replace my short coolant hose!

dd
'83 300TD Cali Wagon 210k, wife's car

Last edited by dieseldan44; 11-02-2007 at 09:50 AM.