View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldan44 View Post
Oh its getting cold now...

That was plan this morning. Started the car to go to work (30 degrees, first crank :-) ). Happened to look down at the water pump, and I noticed water leaking from the weep hole. My water pump must be bad, right?. I specifically checked it yesterday too, and it was fine.

Would the busted pump cause no heat, but not be bad enough to cause the engine to overheat?

Un-freaking-believable. This has been a $300 citrus flush so far (I replaced the radiator yesterday). I know these things would have happened soon anyways, but still, it just leaves me dumbfounded. Im doing it all by the book too, its not like Im doing a hasty job or anything.

So it looks like I need to dump out my $15 worth citric acid, replace the pump, and start over. Is this right? Ive only gone 25 miles on the citric...not nearly enough.

On the bright side I will now not have to remove the thermostat housing to replace my short coolant hose!

dd
I lost my water pump during a coolant system flush. I was performing the flush because of a slight overheat problem when the A/C system was on. I suspected the pump but also suspected a clogged radiator. Turns out it was a little of both. Anyway, I replaced the pump for less than $50...but I feel your pain!