View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Loose Cannon - No Balls

Wod:

If the slot is vertical, it is unlocked. Will the button push in? It should, whether locked or unlocked, but when unlocked you can feel it hitting the mechanism as you push. If it is not hitting the mechanism, then it is probably locked via the central lock mechanism, which can be overridden by applying vacuum to the line from the pump (remove rear seat cushion, right side in foam clamshell) to unlock all doors. It's possible that there is a broken vacuum line to a door somewhere and the pump isn't able to create vacuum/pressure to lock & unlock doors/trunk/fuel flap (or the pump is dead).

It is also possible that it is unlatched, and just stuck closed with something on the gasket etc., try lifting harder?

If the transmission has no drive/reverse, it is not a vacuum issue. It could be a failed pump or many other things, no burned fluid means nothing I'm afraid as it is probably a teardown anyway.

Let me know if you need anything, I might be able to help. My brother is going to be here Saturday 10.NOV and returning to Wawatosa on Sunday, he could probably carry something reasonably small, ...

Gone to the dark side

- Jeff