View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:56 AM

Unhappy Resync sunroof

I have not replaced the K40 relay yet. I still have four things that won't work when started (horn won't work, garage door opener won't work, sunroof won't work and the auto door locks won't work). After doing a search on sunroofs I tried the resync (pushing up on the tilt for a few seconds with the key in the 1 position) the sunroof started to work and then every thing worked after I started the car. I took a short drive (around the block) and the auto door locks worked as well. When I came back turned the car off and started again I had the same problems with the (horn, garage door opener, sunroof and auto door locks.)

Is there something in the key switch that would make these not work when I start the car? Why would they work a couple of times after resyncing the sunroof? I can only imagine how much a key switch would be if the key alone is about $200! Since this is my wifes car I am under the gun if you know what I mean. Other than this problem the car is an absolute dream to drive (I did an upsolute chip with high performance tires). I don't see how the chip programming would cause these problems since its been on the car for about 3 years with no problems.

Regards,

Logan