View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 11:37 AM
"Illegal" 3rd Dist. Rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diametricalbenz View Post
...Would George Orwell's 1984 have spies selling Maserati Quattorportes and F430 F1's!!!!! ...
You must have been on the "Sanitized Tour" bus.

Oh, wait, I just read your "User Profile" - nice that you're able to travel and all...I suppose that the government of China "has" to let the privately held property rights exist within their own borders...right?

You must have been traveling and missed that little "tank and kid" incident that was on CNN a few years back.

Oh, and by the way, Florida's "hanging-Chad" (or is it "hanging-Chan" in this case) never crossed the pond...that same government that had the "tank/kid" scene is still the same one running the show over there right now. Same tune, same band, same stage, different sign out front. Even the water's the same...only a little thicker.

Only those that agree with the Chinese Authorities (and continue to practice) that "...2 + 2 does = 5..." get to buy/sell and participate in all things capitalistic.

And, North Korea is even worse.

You're fooling yourself thinking that just because "...you're allowed to take a few pictures and drive a fancy car..." that all is right with the Chinese Government and all that it represents (or allows you to see). They have rules that you must obey...and it apprears that you haven't even come close to scraping a single one.

Be careful. Some day you'll get that "tap" on your shoulder and you may be "asked" to follow an officer or two to the local police/thought station. Don't be surprised if they all have rubber gloves on and your camera's film/chip/memory is confiscated/deleted.

Within the next decade or so, we, in the US, may have to abide by the same type of rules.

Don't have the "mark?"

"Sorry, no can do business with you. NEXT!"

M. G. Burg
'10 - Dakota SXT - Daily Ride / ≈ 172.5K
.'76 - 450SLC - 107.024.12 / < .89.20 K
..'77 - 280E - 123.033.12 / > 128.20 K
...'67 - El Camino - 283ci / > 207.00 K
....'75 - Yamaha - 650XS / < 21.00 K
.....'87 - G20 Sportvan / > 206.00 K
......'85 - 4WINNS 160 I.O. / 140hp
.......'74 - Honda CT70 / Real 125

“I didn’t really say everything I said.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ~ Yogi Berra ~

Last edited by mgburg; 11-03-2007 at 11:56 AM.