View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered Biodiesel User

My new-to-me W210 car has a 606 engine and I can't find a manual for it either. So far the factory's subscription service is the only thing going but it's terribly expensive -- hundreds of dollars per month. Of course, that includes all models from the newest going back who knows how far. It's a professional shop tool or a rich person's toy.

Suggestion: Subscribe to the Mercedes Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC). It's only $20/year and includes blow-apart drawings. That's not the same as how-to service information, of course, but it's better than nothing.

Suggestion: Find an indy mechanic who has a subscription to the Mercedes service and ask him to print some pages for you. If you are friends, you might get it for free, but offer to pay just the same. A dollar a page would be no worse than the county charges for probate documents and would help the mechanic justify (probably) violating his agreement with Mercedes.

Suggestion: Google European booksellers. They often have books that aren't sold new into the American market. It may not be in English but again, what choice do you have? And you need to expand your mind, learn a foreign language.

Suggestion: Search for non-standard uses of the 606 engine. Maybe a boat manufacturer uses that engine and sells a manual.

Jeremy

"Buster" in the '95

Our all-Diesel family
1996 E300D (W210) . .338,000 miles Wife's car
2005 E320 CDI . . 113,000 miles My car
Santa Rosa population 176,762 (2022)
Total. . . . . . . . . . . . 627,762
"Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz."
-- Janis Joplin, October 1, 1970