Thread: Hey joe!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM
dieselarchitect

Hey joe!

Since the thread about insurance has been locked, I will respond to two of your comments.

First you say that because of the performance of the stock market the last three years or so my uncle would be worth as much today as he was when it all went in the toilet. It might be true except for the fact that he died in January of 2005. (Three days after my dad). Anyway I did not intend to imply that "half a gazillionaire" was a precise term. He probably did not lose as much as half, but nearly so.

I am not some kind of Architect. I am a licensed Architect in the state of Indiana. I attended Ball State College of Architecture, interned for three years and passed the two day exam. I have been operating my own firm since 1976.

Hey, I don't like paying for Insurance any more than anybody else, but it is there as a safety net and unless you are really big, you cannot afford to operate a business without it. One loss can put you out of business.

Tom W
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.