View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Just my Jeep and my S500

cdplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pawlik View Post
My 89 300SE starts immediately everytime and runs smmothly when it's 50 degrees or lower. When the engine is warm on a day above 50, it cranks a long time and when it does start it idles roughly for 5 to 10 seconds, then smooths out and runs fine. My mechanic says that this car has an older(less sophisticated)F.I. system and the hard start with a warm engine is characteristic of this vintage Mercedes. What do you think?
Take M.B. Doc's advice. I replaced everything from the fuel pump. accumulator, filter, vapor valves forward to the injector seals and seats. Dist. cap, rotor, and breather hoses that run under the fuel distributor.
Still had warm/hot start cranking issues.

Finally, I bit the bullet and bought a new set of injectors along with new seals. My '84 500SEC starts instantly warm/hot/cold. Ten seconds after shut off or two hours. I have 237,000 on the clock with origonal pistons and rings. And she starts right up each and every time.

The cost of new injectors, seals, and seats is worth cancelling the frustration if you can do it.

Search my other posts (cdplayer) if your SEC has issues. Perhaps the struggle I have endured will help you out some.

Have a great day!!!

Selling used Mercedes parts on Ebay...always changing...
cdplayer51 take a look!