View Single Post
Old 01-30-2002, 07:43 PM

It’s a matter of preference, like red or white wine. Gas is stronger, aggressive bouquet and a bit of a bite. Diesel is relatively subtle with a lingering aftertaste.

Given the choice my wife prefers beer burps to diesel burps.

Comparing MB’s to Peugeot’s I think is close. Both make excellent diesels, I believe Peugeot was right on Mercedes heals getting them going. Both cars are very serviceable, Peugeot might have an advantage cause of things like the water pump bolted on the front of the cylinder head, its the first thing you see. Peugeot’s suspension is better. Its quite a bit stronger and their multi valve shocks are better, and can be disasembled for service. Part prices can be bad but I’ve found a couple of places that have supplied parts and sub-parts (like shock pistons and valves) with no problem. You have to remember Peugeot is big everywhere but in US of A, not like Renault. There is a bit of a following stateside but overseas there is a lot of them, just brush up on your French and German. Every foreigner I work with has learned to drive in a Peugeot.

I could go on but I’m trying to cut back on bandwidth. If you have any more questions, let me know and I’ll continue carrying on